BLS Skills Review provides detailed step-by-step instruction for every psychomotor skill presented in the EMT-Basic National Standard Curriculum. This resource teaches BLS students and providers how to perform each skill correctly and offers helpful information, tips, and pointers designed to facilitate progression through practical examinations or real-life emergencies.
For each skill, you will find:
- Performance objectives, indications, contraindications, complications, and an equipment list
- Written step-by-step instructions to properly perform the skill with photos to demonstrate critical steps
- Helpful tips including Safety, Special Populations, and In the Field
- Case-based Check Your Knowledge questions to encourage students to test their knowledge of the skills presented
BLS Skills are grouped into the following categories:
- Airway Management
- Cardiovascular Emergencies
- Patient Assessment and Management
- Medical Administration
- Trauma Management
- Obstetrical Management
- Operational Skills
- Advanced Airway Management
These products cover the core skills associated with EMT-Basic training; can be used as part of initial EMT-B training or Refresher training.