Designed as a companion to Emergency Care and Transportation of the Sick and Injured, Tenth Edition, Case Studies offers detailed cases that align with the chapter content in the Tenth Edition. An ideal supplement to any course that utilizes the Tenth Edition, all EMT students will benefit from these vivid, realistic cases.
Each case presents SAMPLE history, vital signs, and assessment information in tabular format for ease of use and features a scenario analysis, answer rationales, and a completed patient care report. Cases covering thirty-one topics are presented, including respiratory emergencies, toxicology, obstetrics and neonatal care, geriatric emergencies, and incident management.
Case-based resources encourage active learning, promote critical-thinking skills, and help you make the connection between cognitive information learned in class and real-life situations.
Listen to a Podcast with Case Studies author Beth Ann McNeill to learn more about this training program! Listen now.
- Realistic scenarios and humanizing details that give you a sense of being on scene with real patients
- Comprehensive rationales for all critical-thinking questions
- Focus on systematic patient assessment, scene leadership, and documentation
- Challenges EMTs will face in the field, such as refusal of care, complications from weather, potentially hazardous scenes, and incomplete patient histories
- Providers who model a high standard of care