Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews: Principles and Practice
Each new print copy of Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews: Principles and Practice, Enhanced First Edition also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Be prepared for any mayday situation!
From training to equipment to on-scene considerations, Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews: Principles and Practice, Enhanced First Edition Includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access covers all aspects of rapid intervention and ensures that crew members and incident commanders are fully prepared for “Mayday” emergencies. The textbook completely addresses both knowledge and skills requirements found in the 2015 Edition of NFPA 1407, Standard for Training Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews, and informs training personnel on how to conduct safe, effective rapid intervention training. The Enhanced First Edition provides a road map for small, medium, or large departments to safely train members on the skills of self-survival and rapid intervention to prepare for incidents where fire fighters become lost, trapped, or disoriented.
- Chapter 1 Basics of a Rapid Intervention Crew
- Chapter 2 Planning for a Prepared Rapid Intervention Crew
- Chapter 3 RIC On Scene: Preactivation Considerations and Actions While Staged
- Chapter 4 Activation of the RIC and Organizational Considerations
- Chapter 5 Rapid Intervention and Self-Rescue
- Chapter 6 Skills and Techniques of the Rapid Intervention Search
- Chapter 7 RIC Team Actions Once the Downed Fire Fighter Is Found
- Chapter 8 RIC Skills: Rapidly Moving a Downed Fire Fighter
- Chapter 9 RIC Stair Rescue Techniques: Variables, Challenges, and Skills
- Chapter 10 Rescuing Fire Fighters Through Windows, Over Ladders, and From Restrictive, Limited Space
- Chapter 11 Rescuing a Fire Fighter From Below Grade and Through a Hole in the Floor
- Chapter 12 Fire Fighters Trapped in Attics
- Appendix A The Multi-Purpose Prop: Purpose and Construction
- Appendix B NFPA 1407: Standard for Training Fire Service Rapid Intervention Crews, 2015 Edition Correlation Guide