Each new print copy of High-Angle Rope Rescue Techniques: Levels I & II, Enhanced Fourth Edition also includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a complete eBook, Study Center, homework and Assessment Center, and a dashboard that reports actionable data. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2.
Your Definitive High-Angle Rope Rescue Guide!
The Enhanced Fourth Edition of High-Angle Rope Rescue Techniques: Levels I & II provides comprehensive coverage of all aspects of high-angle rescue, including planning, PPE and equipment, medical considerations, evacuations, and special rescue operations. Based on the 2013 edition of NFPA 1006, Standard for Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications, High-Angle Rope Rescue Techniques: Levels I & II provides a broad overview of all rescue techniques to meets the needs of fire service, search and rescue, and many other rope rescue professionals.
The Enhanced Fourth Edition has been updated to include:
- Coverage of new protective equipment, terminology, rescue products, and techniques.
- All new Skill Drills that provide step-by-step instruction on how to execute important skills and procedures.
- New You Are the Rope Rescuer and Rope Rescuer in Action case studies that help readers develop and apply critical thinking skills.
- Separation of High-Angle Rope Rescue I and II Level content throughout the textbook and instructor resources.
- Chapter 1 The High-Angle Environment
- Chapter 2 Personal Equipment and Protection
- Chapter 3 Rope and Related Equipment
- Chapter 4 Care and Use of Rescue Rope and Related Equipment
- Chapter 5 Basic High-Angle Hardware
- Chapter 6 Knots
- Chapter 7 Anchoring
- Chapter 8 Belaying of One-Person Loads
- Chapter 9 Rappelling
- Chapter 10 Basic Ascending Techniques
- Chapter 11 Rescue Preplanning and Response
- Chapter 12 Medical Considerations in High-Angle Rescue
- Chapter 13 Rescue Belaying
- Chapter 14 Pickoff Rescue Techniques
- Chapter 15 Use of Litters in High-Angle Rescue
- Chapter 16 Low-Angle Evacuation
- Chapter 17 High-Angle Lowering
- Chapter 18 Hauling Systems
- Chapter 19 Tower Rescue
- Chapter 20 Highlines
- Chapter 21 Helicopter Rescue Operations
- Chapter 22 Testing of Systems and Equipment
- Appendix A NFPA 1006, Standard for Technical Rescuer Professional Qualifications, 2013 Edition Correlation Guide
One More Reason to Purchase from The EMS Superstore Expert
Tom Sanders is the President and CEO of The EMS Super Store. He is a multifaceted professional with unique skills and experiences. As a paramedic with 48 years of experience in Emergency Medical Services EMS, serving as an EMT, Paramedic, EMT Instructor, CPR Instructor, EMS Director of Operations, and Consultant, He has honed his ability to stay calm under pressure and provide life-saving care during critical situations. Tom's dedication to serving his community and making a difference in people's lives has always been at the core of his EMS career and is reflected in the products The EMS Superstore carries.