Designed for both beginning and experienced EMTs, the EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the ideal quick reference. Now in its Ninth Edition, this field guide has been an essential resource for EMS professionals for over a decade. Whether you’re a student, or a 20-year veteran of emergency medical services, this guide gives you quick access to vital information needed to perform your job.
This newly updated edition includes:
- EMT field determination of death checklist
- CDC criteria for field evaluation of school aged athletes with head injuries
- Capnography waveform interpretation for BLA/AEMT providers
- Comprehensive ACLS algorithms for EMT/AEMT including asthma, traumatic and hypothermic arrest, and post-arrest resuscitation and care
- Pain assessment charts
- Updated infectious disease to include high risk biological response including Ebola and MERS
- Revised American Burn Association (ABA) burn resuscitation guidelines
Plus, this field guide includes all other charts and references that EMTs and AEMTs need ready access to in the field: APGAR, pediatric vital signs, stroke scales, GCS (infant, child, and adult), pupil chart, CDC Trauma Triage, O2 tank capacities, prescription drugs, abbreviations, spell checker, phone numbers, Spanish translations, and metric conversions.
The EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the only field guide that addresses the needs of both EMTs and AEMTs under the new EMS Scope of Practice model. Just as with all Informed Publishing print products, this field guide is 3×5, fit easily in your pocket, have color-coded tabs, and are durable. The EMS Field Guide, BLS Version is the resource you’ll use in class, and take with you throughout your career.
One More Reason to Purchase from The EMS Superstore Expert
Tom Sanders is the President and CEO of The EMS Super Store. He is a multifaceted professional with unique skills and experiences. As a paramedic with 48 years of experience in Emergency Medical Services EMS, serving as an EMT, Paramedic, EMT Instructor, CPR Instructor, EMS Director of Operations, and Consultant, He has honed his ability to stay calm under pressure and provide life-saving care during critical situations. Tom's dedication to serving his community and making a difference in people's lives has always been at the core of his EMS career and is reflected in the products The EMS Superstore carries.