Microdot® Xtra Test Strips are used to measure glucose (sugar) in capillary whole blood outside of the body (in vitro diagnostic use). When blood is added to the strip, the chemicals within the strip react to create a tiny electrical current. Your meter reads the current and displays your level of blood glucose.
Use Microdot Xtra Test Strips only with the Microdot Xtra Blood Glucose Test System. Microdot Test Strips are plasma-calibrated to allow easy comparison of results with laboratory methods.
- Test results in 10 seconds
- Requires only 0.6µL sample making it less painful for diabetics
- The measurement range of the Microdot System is 20 to 525 mg/dL
Storage and Handling
- Store the strips in their original vial in a cool, dry place between 50° and 86° F (10°-30° C).
- Keep away from sunlight and heat.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze.
- When you take a strip from the vial, close the cap immediately. Use the strip immediately.
- Do not use test strips more than 90 days after the vial is first opened.
- Write the discard date on the vial when you first open it.
- Check the expiration date on the vial. If the expiration date has passed, do not use the strips.
- Always code the meter for each new vial of strips according to the user manual.